bcIMC's investment philosophy and approach are based on the following
principles and beliefs:
- Asset allocation is the primary determinant of risk and return.
Asset allocation strategies should be customized to reflect the
purpose of each fund, its investment time horizon, legal constraints,
liquidity requirements, and the risk tolerance of the governing
- bcIMC exists to serve its clients. This not only means managing
clients' assets in a prudent and appropriate fashion, but also
helping trustees and other fiduciaries understand the implications
of key decisions made on behalf of their fund.
- Managing risks is as important as generating rates of return.
This is accomplished through prudent investment diversification,
a disciplined approach to asset management, and extensive due
diligence of investment opportunities.
- Investment strategies and approaches must be continuously reviewed
and adjusted to reflect changing market conditions and dynamics.
- Good investment performance results from maintaining a high
level of professional expertise among bcIMC's staff and external
- Controlling costs is important for long-term rates of return.
Pooled Fund Structure